Free Press Association of Japan – FPAJ
The 14th Dalai Lama’s Press Conference at the Free Press Association of Japan on November 7th (English/Japanese interpretation available)
Free Press Association Japan will hold a special press conference for his holiness the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet the leader of the Tibetan people and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, on November 7th, 2011, at 10:00am.
His Holiness, the Dalai Lama is scheduled to visit the earthquake affected areas of east Japan, including Fukushima and Sendai. Following up on his visit he will hold a press conference in Japan.
Participation capacity is limited to 120 people, so we ask correspondents who wish to attend to read the guidelines below and apply in person, in advance. Those who have not applied will not be permitted entrance.
Please note that if applicants exceed the above mentioned quota, participants will be selected through a draw.
Date and Time: November 7, 2011 – scheduled to start at 10:00am (Receiving payments will start at 8am)
Place: Kojimachi Press Conference venue (2F Kojimachi Central bldg, 2-2-4 Kojimachi, Chyoda-Ku, Tokyo)
• Apply through the FPAJ homepage. Fill in the application form at: fpaj.jp/?page_id=1024 (include the title: November 7th – The 14th Dalai Lama’s Press Conference)
• Correspondents who wish to participate must apply personally
• Application to this Press conference is limited to journalists and correspondents
• If the number of applications exceed the specified quota for this conference (120 participants), participants will be elected through a draw
• Application deadline is Friday November 4th, at 20:00pm
Organized by: Free Press Association of Japan (FPAJ)
Please check in advance the following notice about this press conference:
• Participants will need to present an official identification paper that bears a picture, such as a driver’s license or a passport. Entry will be denied for failing to present such identification.
• Baggage will be checked with metal detectors
• Participants who wish to take video footage (with professional cameras) are asked to abide by the place set for setting the camera
• At the Q and A session, participants are asked to raise their hand and wait until they are selected by the venue facilitator
• Before asking the question, participants are asked to introduce themselves by stating their name and affiliation
• To ensure participation by as many people as possible, we ask that each selected journalist ask only one concise question. (If time allowed, participants could be selected again)
• Camera flash (strobe) is only permitted at the beginning of the press conference
• The press conference is not a place for protest, so participants are not allowed to gather signs for petitions, distribute leaflets and pamphlets, or carry banners inside the venue
• Coverage and Content usage: Our association does not restrict the use of content obtained from covering the press conference. Participants are free to publish in the various media. However, participants are responsible for accuracy in coverage
• Please note that we allow attending correspondents to take pictures of fellow participants at the venue
• To ensure a smooth and comfortable press conference for all attendants, we ask participants to cooperate in the security procedures and abide by the above mentioned regulations, complying with journalistic ethics and social manners
• Those who fail to comply with the above mentioned regulations will be asked to leave the venue by the organizers
Free Press Association of Japan（FPAJ）
Tel.03-5213-4888 ◆ Fax.03-5213-4989